With our new TIP TIG focus process, we enter new fields of TIG keyhole welding. TIP TIG focus is an ideal solution for all those who have the very highest quality requirements for their weld seams and yet are simultaneously looking for a simple, cost-effective solution for their welding applications. This revolutionary joining process enables an extremely high energy density in the weld pool by way of an enormous concentrated welding arc and makes possible the fastest welding speeds. Reworking and preparatory work can be significantly reduced.
TIP TIG focus is a full-penetration, single-pass, keyhole TIG welding process, which requires almost no edge bevelling and produces highly repeatable, x-ray-quality welds with superior root and cap aesthetics.
The TIP TIG focus GTAW process uses as little as 12% of the gas customarily required and performs an 8-hour TIG weld in under 10 minutes. Average cost savings of up to 80% are guaranteed.
- Full penetration, single-pass keyhole welding in materials up to 12mm (½ inch).
- Very flat welding layer surfaces.
- Reproducible and straightforward welding process for different steel types, also copper, aluminum, coated materials.
- No spatters.
- Simple and fast-changing of spares and tungsten electrodes.
- Faster than plasma and tig welding.
- Minimal heat input zone and a minimum heat-affected zone (HAZ).
- Fewer costs for welding gas, energy, filler materials, grinding, and drilling materials.
- Reduction of welding times, time for preparation, and rework of welded constructions.
- Dramatic productivity gains
- Dramatic cost reductions
- Almost no joint preparation up to a material thickness of 12 mm (0.50 in)
- Low level of weld seam crowning and low distortion
- Up to 600% faster welding speeds compared to traditional TIG welding
- Welding parameters are easy to select and set
- Flexibility in terms of welding position
- Single-pass welding of thin and thick metal sheets is possible
- Low Alloy Steel
- Medium Alloy Steel
- High Alloy Steel
- Super Duplex
- 9% Nickel Steel
- Highly heat resistant and galvanized materials
|Plasma Arc Welding|
|TIP TIG focus|
|Penetration||up to 8 mm||up to 12 mm|
|Speed||max 500 mm/min|
max 20 IPM
|max 1200 mm/min|
max 47 IPM
|Complexity||complex, numerous critical parameters||very simple|
|Tolerance||requires exact fit up||tolerant to joint imperfections|
|Keyhole Close-Out||difficult, voids and defects |
in the close-out region
|very simple, no voids|
|Process Consistency||inconsistent due to orifice erosion||very consistent keyhole|
no process drift
Welding Costs ($/ft)*
* Depending on application
Welding Costs (€/m)*
* Depending on application